Thursday, February 4, 2010

Monday, February 1

I tuaght 4 classes this morning- one for a double period. PInky (their teacher) wanted me to work on prepositions with the two 9th grade classes from their workbook. I finished the exercises in the workbook quickly and made up a game to play with the kids to build on the work I had done with them the week before on directions. I drew a few mazes on the board and had the students dirct me tas to where I should go. the first time I just drew it on the board as they said it, going the wrong way if they indicated that I should The second time I also wriote sentecens for each direction on the board and the third time I had them write the direcetions out. Next I worked with 2 first grde classes on their ABCs. I stayed and hun gout with the last class for a while until lunch continuing to work with them. Their teacher didn't seem interested in teaching and indicated that I could stay. They were pros in the ABC songs and writing their letters by the time i was finsihed with them. I did my laundy in the afternoon and went for a long run through the rice fields. After dinner Nit pulled me into the living room to talk. She really wanted to learn english and had designated me as her live-in tutor. She had borrowed some books on conversational english (which were terrible) and was ready to practice speaking. I was stoked to have a student that was so eager to learn after a semi- frustrating morning with the students from the school and got right to work with her.

I got lost in my book until midnight. So much for rationing out the books I brought. I was woken up by a aloud rustling noise. Still half asleep, it startled me. I grabbed my flashlight and shined it on the intruder, afriad someone was in my room. My light illuminated the biggest rat I've ever seen. He escaped through a gap between the walls and the stairs (my room is under the stairs) and revisted me throughout the night. Everytime I shined my light on him he ran away. A all night game of flashlight tag ensued. While I was lying awake, I tried to think of a simple way to let Pen know I had a giant rat as a roomate.

No comments:

Post a Comment